Something is missing...

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Something is missing...

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

Hey.

I've been trying to acquire shiny green, red, and yellow chao... just so I can name them Ed, Edd, and Eddy, respectively (Anybody remember that show?) I've only been able to get both a Shiny monotone yellow, and a shiny two-tone yellow. I'm pretty sure at least the MONOTONE green egg should be available for me, since I have 78 emblems. but I might be wrong, as I had been able to buy the eggs before on a past file on my last memory card (Which unfortunately, I don't have anymore, and have to rely on a crappy MadCatz one that doesn't let me play Sonic Riders without needing to wipe it every time, but that's not the important.) I would have bred a Monotone green with Judai, my Shiny monotone yellow until I got a shiny green chao.

Is there something I'm missing? Oh, and if you were wondering... I'm playing a copy of the Gamecube game, not PC, not modern systems, not the Dreamcast, and definitely NOT through emulation. (I only do that for Sonic Advance games and use Dolphin just for Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness :herocool: ) Also, what are the odds for getting a two-tone (non-shiny) yellow chao)

I'll be hiding in this cardboard box for the next hour, playing Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D :chaohappy:
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Re: Something is missing...

Post by azureprism »

Every Chao save has three colours that it won't be able to obtain, one from every tier except white and grey/lime green/black. If your other tier 2 egg is blue then you won't be able to get red eggs on that memory card, and if brown eggs are for sale then IIRC you can't get green ones.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

I haven't even seen blue or brown eggs in the store either. I was able to get brown, green, blue and red eggs on my first chao garden from back in early 2010. Why is it that now the Black Market is screwing me over like friends during a game of Mario Party?

Latee Hatori
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Huh?! ....

Post by Latee Hatori »

The Black Market Guide in this forum section goes into it a bit more in dept, but basically there are four sets of eggs, one everyone gets (White/Grey/Lime Green/Black) and three others, two of which each Chao Garden save is randomly assigned. The first random set a file gets unlocks as the Guide says, but I don't if anyone has recorded when the second set unlocks, just that with 180 Emblems there are always eggs that are missing.

Red, Sky Blue, Brown, and their shiny versions are a set.
Orange, Green, Blue, and their shiny versions are a set.
Yellow, Pink, Purple, and their shiny versions are a set.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

does this mean I have to hack the game to get the Red and Green Shinies?

azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

Either that or get a spare memory card, I guess.
Moogle
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Moogle »

You have enough emblems to get the Shiny Red egg but you need 80 for the Shiny Green egg. You'll just have to keep checking the market and hope the eggs you want show up> But like people have already mentioned the game is probably screwing you over

If you are still having trouble with that I can export my chao save file with the chao you want for you to use
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Moogle wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 pm If you are still having trouble with that I can export my chao save file with the chao you want for you to use
I'm playing on an actual gamecube. I can't receive exported Chao saves. Sorry. I know you were trying to help.

Moogle
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Moogle »

rip I assumed you could use wii homebrew or something, my bad
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

It's Okay. Thing is, my memory card sucks. Every time I insert it into something that isn't a Gamecube, it bugs out and forces me to reformat it. Same thing goes for when I play Sonic Riders with it in. I never had these issues on my previous memory card, which I don't have anymore.

Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Striving to fully understand Chao

Post by Swate »

If you want to make sure you are able to get all colours of Chao from the Black Market, you will need two memory cards minimum because there will ALWAYS be three egg colours you cannot get in a given Chao garden save. (Which is annoying, I think the point was to encourage trading eggs with friends).

The three eggs you can't get will be one of these groups: (Blue, Green, Orange) or (Red, Sky Blue, Brown) or (Pink, Yellow, Purple).

There's a trick you can do to set it up so you are definitely able to buy whatever egg on your whim. This definitely works when playing the GameCube disc on Wii, I don't know about GameCube as I don't have one (clarification would be great). Can also work if playing the HD version on PC, not sure about the other consoles.

You need your two memory cards, and you need there to be no SA2B data on the second one + you should have a save file with at least a fair number of emblems on it (30 emblems minimum, 50+ makes it much easier I think).

-----

Here's how it works: Your memory card stores a different file for each individual save file you have (the things you select from on the "FILE SELECT" screen) + another 1 file which is your Chao garden.

On the Wii, go to the GameCube memory card section and copy over your GAME save file but not your Chao save file. Load up SA2B and select the copied file you just put onto the second memory card, then go to the Chao garden. This will trigger the game to make a new Chao garden, since you didn't copy one over from the old memory card. This means that this new Chao garden rolls for which three eggs you can't get!

Go to the Black Market and check out what eggs are there. Since you are on a save file with plenty of emblems, you will definitely be able to get the eggs in the Black Market. If you can see an egg there that you were unable to get on your old Chao garden, congratulations! This means all three eggs you couldn't get before are able to be bought on this new Chao garden, and you can load it up whenever you want to buy these eggs!

If not, maybe play a few games of normal SA2B levels to shuffle the Black Market items (I think it's roughly 5-6 minutes of playtime to shuffle it, maybe just get to the end of City Escape and sit next to the goal ring for a bit). This may get one to show up.

If you got unlucky and this memory card has the same eggs it can't get as your old one (which happened to me with Pink/Yellow/Purple :stomp: ), go back to the Wii menu and erase the Chao Garden file from your second memory card. Then go back into Chao World and generate another one, and repeat.

EVENTUALLY you will see one of the eggs you want and everything will be perfect. :cool:

-----

This was a bit complicated to explain, so if there are any questions about something I said, then please ask me :walkto:
heck yeah chao :cool:
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

First: My memory card only works properly on an ACTUAL Gamecube, not the Wii. For some reason using my memory card on a Wii makes me have to format the thing. I hate third party Gamecube memory cards.

Second: I don't have money to buy a second memory card.

Third: Can one hack the Chao Garden save file on a Gamecube memory card in order to get these without all that complicated stuff?

Latee Hatori
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Huh?! ....

Post by Latee Hatori »

I personally don't have any idea about the hacking stuff...I wish you luck either that it can be done or you can find a cheap working memory card.

But I do know that the GC memory cards can be accessed on a GameCube, just hold A after you turn it on to get to the menu , go down for the memory cards, and like what Swate said before, copy the main save without the Chao save and delete the Chao save if it's not what you need.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Latee Hatori wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:26 pm I personally don't have any idea about the hacking stuff...I wish you luck either that it can be done or you can find a cheap working memory card.
GameCube, just hold A after you turn it on to get to the menu , go down for the memory cards
You can do this without holding A. Just boot the system up with the thing open. The thing that covers the place where you put the disc, not the Gamecube itself.

ALSO, DO NOT CORRECT ME ON THIS!!!

Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Striving to fully understand Chao

Post by Swate »

Does your third-party memory card look like this one?

Because if it is then that's really strange that it doesn't work on GameCube console. Mine looks like that and it works.

I guess my only suggestion otherwise is, if you have a GBA and a Gamecube-GBA link cable, then you could try to farm enough rings to get a Jewel Chao of the colour you want. That's probably not good enough though if you specifically want Shiny coloured Chao.
heck yeah chao :cool:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

epcthunderfist987 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:24 pm You can do this without holding A. Just boot the system up with the thing open.
alternatively, just forget to put a disc in the system to begin with

But I think it might be bad for the GC's laser (basically it would get worst at reading discs) to do either, so just press A anyways.
Swate wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:06 am guess my only suggestion otherwise is, if you have a GBA and a Gamecube-GBA link cable, then you could try to farm enough rings to get a Jewel Chao of the colour you want.
In the case you have a copy of SADX (but don't use it most as much as SA2B for chao I would imagine in this case), then you could get the egg color you want from that game, and transfer it to SA2B using those tools.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

I have the old model GBA, but no GBA-GC link cable. I also have ZERO batteries for the dang thing, and no money to buy some.

epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Nope: it's a MadCatz memory card. It refuses to let me keep my save data if inserted into a Wii, and forces me to reformat EVERY TIME I boot up certain games like Sonic Riders.

I hate my memory card. I used to have an OFFICIAL Memory card from Nintendo, but I goofed there by lending it to a friend who STILL HASN'T RETURNED IT!! IT'S BEEN THREE ALMOST FOUR YEARS SINCE I LENT HIM THE THING!!!

*phew* Sorry about blowing up like that. I'm still mad my old Chao Garden data is in the hands of a guy who I foolishly decided to lend my good memory card to.
chaoadventures wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:37 am In the case you have a copy of SADX (but don't use it most as much as SA2B for chao I would imagine in this case), then you could get the egg color you want from that game, and transfer it to SA2B using those tools.
I unfortunately don't own Sonic Adventure DX. Only Adventure 2 Battle.