How to get certain personalities?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
PoecileAtricapillus
Egg
Egg
Motto: Sometimes we stumble or trip, but that is ok

How to get certain personalities?

Post by PoecileAtricapillus »

Hello.
This is my first time being here so please excuse any simple or technincal mistake(s) I make in this thread.

Anyways, how does one make a short tempered chao without making a cry baby? Or better yet a naive chao without turing the chao into a big eater (the stamina stat will of course have to be maxed out for optimal results). I'm in the interest of raising the hidden stat of luck in my all S chao. It has everything going for it but its crummy luck stat (it trips a lot in races, the box activates 9/10 times, etc.). It does just fine in the decision making part of the race. Keep in mind I'm playing the gamecube game and not the pc version.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Re: How to get certain personalities?

Post by UltimaNumber »

Personalities have no effect on Intelligence and Luck whatsoever. They behave the same way all other stats do in terms of leveling them up and stat points. As for how to get Short Tempered, your Chao must be Energetic and exactly one other personality that isn't Cry Baby. If this happens, the personality will show up as Short Tempered. Only one personality will show up at a time even if your Chao is multiple personalities, but with this as the exception. Change the Personality is currently unknown, but it only happens when your Chao reincarnates. I've only seen my sister's Chao suddenly not be a Big Eater anymore, as it not only stopped taking big bites always, it stopped showing in the personality page.

All in all, when you get new Chao, personalities are random. In terms of breeding, some can be passed down to the offspring. And reincarnation changing them is currently unknown.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs