Crashes with CWE mod

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Crashes with CWE mod

Post by Chao31 »

When ever I try to use CWE, I can't since it crashes before I even enter chao world, it would basically crash on the screen after the sonic team logo (the screen with omochao and a tip) I think its either not having sa2b dlc or something else that's causing it, please help me at least :cry:
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Re: Crashes with CWE mod

Post by YuYuChaosho »

have you tried Uninstalling the Mod Manager, turning off the Debug Messages, and/or turning on the No Battle Mod in the SA2 Mod Manager?
I had this problem lately to where I couldn't play for two months due to it crashing going into the Gardens, and after I Uninstalled and turned off and on a couple of things I had it working again.. :thinking:
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Chao31 »

YuYuChaosho wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:25 pm have you tried Uninstalling the Mod Manager, turning off the Debug Messages, and/or turning on the No Battle Mod in the SA2 Mod Manager?
I had this problem lately to where I couldn't play for two months due to it crashing going into the Gardens, and after I Uninstalled and turned off and on a couple of things I had it working again.. :thinking:
no... didn't work, I turned on no battle mod and made sure the debug messages were off but still crashed on the screen with omochao telling a tip. (I think its because of not having the battle dlc..) :thinking:
Dwayne44
Egg
Egg

Post by Dwayne44 »

YuYuChaosho wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:25 pm have you tried Uninstalling the Mod Manager, turning off the Debug Messages, and/or turning on the No Battle Mod in the SA2 Mod Manager?
Hello, I tried it and it works. thank you so much
Last edited by Roaxes on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed suspicious link
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Does the loading screen before it crashes say "Extended" at the top?

If not, it may not be installed correctly. What folder did you extract all the contents too, like what does your SA2 folder look like?
and did you make sure to replace the sonic2app with CWE's version?
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
SpeedXaaa
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by SpeedXaaa »

Has it worked for you Chao31? Just wondering because every now and then, my game will actually crash. For those who aren't sure, I'm 99% sure they mean it crashes at the opening cinematic of the game itself. I don't think it has anything to do with the battle dlc. If none of the other fixes work for you, maybe just try closing out of the program and opening it again? I know that sounds painfully simple (idk maybe you've already tried that several times) but like I said, mine crashes here and there and doing that seems to do the trick. I also found this very helpful too!
When i launch the game i crash after SEGA and SONIC TEAM, what happen ?
you have a problem with SA2modloader
install : Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 runtime 64x and 86x
and the problem should be fixed
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Chao31 »

Since I don't know how to post images, I assume I try the infinite close and open until I find how to post them instead of just having to explain my file placement. :blink:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

^
To post images, go to a site like imgBB or imgur or any image uploading site.
Upload your image, right click (or long tap on mobile) and go to open image in new tab (if it says open link in new tab, NOT image in new tab, do that first.)
Once you get to the image, copy the url.
There should be a box showing a photo once you start to post here, click that or just type this (without the *)
[*img][/img]
Then paste your link in there.
An image should pop up, if it doesn't you're probably doing something wrong.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Chao31 »

[img][https://i.imgur.com/Nm9ALVg.png] I think I messed up :C
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

^
Yes, you did.
It's like this:
[*img] image link here [/img]
(No * tho)
Here, i'll link the photo for you:
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Chao31 »

thanks. :D