What got you into chao?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 3 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chaos soda
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: "Primal Venom"

What got you into chao?

Post by Chaos soda »

For me I used to play a mobile game called pocket frogs (it’s still downloadable) where you can get many breeds of frogs in many colors of each breed. But Years later i discovered Duck Life 3: Evolution. This game was different than the the previous duck life games because in this one you could raise your duck to be good at flying, climbing, running, or swimming. I wanted more games like these. Then I bought sonic adventure 2 and found this website with all of the cool chao color/type combos and I realized the chao garden was the game I had been dreaming of.

What about you? What’s your chao story?
“Sonic shot Eggman in the face for being evil, and grew a beard so he could impersonate him“ - https://talktotransformer.com
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: What got you into chao?

Post by AugustChao »

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was one of the first Sonic games I remember playing, but I don't have too many memories of the Chao Garden from when I first played it. I didn't really play it again until right after Generations came out, and I found myself accidentally falling in love with the Chao Garden, and the rest is history.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

When I was 5-6 year old, around 2004-2005, someone bought sadx disk. I was playing it for very long asking parents to let me play little longer, sadly after a while brother kept deleting that game, cause our video card was weak or faulty to some extent that game constantly created blue screens of death. Loved every minute of it, it was also my introduction to sonic franchise
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Watching my older sister play both Sonic Adventures back in like 2002, she gave me the Dark Garden, pretty sure cause it was the most boring barren one *since it lacked the dreamcast mountain and cave*
Now I play it more then she does. C:
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Multifavs
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Multifavs »

-Deleted-
Last edited by Multifavs on Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Therealpinta77
Egg
Egg

Post by Therealpinta77 »

Basically, I just wasted way too much time on SA2B as a kid
MagicIsEverything
Egg
Egg
Motto: Skate 3 on Nintendo switch

Post by MagicIsEverything »

Honestly, it was just playing SA2B on the gamecube that got me into Chao. Putting them in Chao Races and the Chao Karate and seeing them do their thing was what hooked me into chao. I know for a fact that my Gamecube memory card has better chao on it than I do on xbox or PC just solely on the fact that I spent so much time on it.
:herosurprise: Keep it Clean ! :herosurprise:
Eciton
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Eciton »

When I first got my Gamecube, my mum bought me Sonic Mega Collection for it second hand. There was an advert for Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the disc which I used to watch, and at the end it showed off the chao garden which immediately caught my attention, I thought it looked great! Then I begged for the game until I eventually got it for my birthday when my dad bought it cheap from a game store, that was probably about 15 years ago and I've been playing ever since
ManifoldFacades
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ManifoldFacades »

It's not really that amazing, admittedly, but if my memory serves, I had ended up renting Sonic Adventure DX and SA2 Battle at Blockbuster when I was a little kid! I never actually beat them till years later when I ended up actually *owning* the games, but I remember having a lot of fun going through the Chao Garden..and also being completely convinced I had to hatch eggs by throwing them at a wall with the might of an angry god.

Good times! And with that, I leave this image here.

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. - Bruce Lee
Momora
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Do not assume you were let in through hospitality.

Post by Momora »

I remember I got a case of Sonic games for the PC [can't remember the year, though] and Sonic Adventure DX was on it. I found the Chao Garden by randomly exploring and fell in love when I saw a Chao for the first time.
Wait a minute, signatures exist? Basabweh!:darkcool:
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

Playing Sonic Adventure in around 2008-2009 at 7 or 8 years old. It got me a lot more into the Sonic series in general, too.
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
Liliawinx
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Chao are the cutest beings ever

Post by Liliawinx »

Mostly Cheese the Chao and those creatures are simply adorable. :chaohappy: