[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Frostav
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v8.2: Monsters revive!

Post by Frostav »

Hey Benji, I started up my garden again with this (essential and amazing) mod, and I'm wondering: does the "Chao Attention" mod make just evolution faster, or does it also make them age faster as well? I noticed in the chao editor that when I have that code checked, the timescale of the garden is set to 150 when I enter it. I love the faster evolution (seriously it takes forever vanilla) but I'm not so sure I want my chao *dying* quicker too...

Also I'm using the dynamic lifetime code without about ten chao in the garden. So maybe that's changing some stuff. I wish you went into a bit more detail on what exactly each code does...
Frostav
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Frostav »

Also this is unrelated but trees seem to be broken? I had my chao plant four trees in the chao garden and after several hours not one of them has produced a single fruit that chao can eat--which is a slight problem when I have 11 of them in a garden and they throw a fit if they aren't fed every two minutes >.>
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Frostav wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:09 pm Also this is unrelated but trees seem to be broken? I had my chao plant four trees in the chao garden and after several hours not one of them has produced a single fruit that chao can eat--which is a slight problem when I have 11 of them in a garden and they throw a fit if they aren't fed every two minutes >.>
Do you have the fruit don't disappear code on, cause there's limited amount of slots for food to be around, so if you're playing on hero garden, but neutral and dark garden are just loaded with food taking up slots, less may appear in hero.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Frostav
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Frostav »

Roaxes wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:16 pm
Frostav wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:09 pm Also this is unrelated but trees seem to be broken? I had my chao plant four trees in the chao garden and after several hours not one of them has produced a single fruit that chao can eat--which is a slight problem when I have 11 of them in a garden and they throw a fit if they aren't fed every two minutes >.>
Do you have the fruit don't disappear code on, cause there's limited amount of slots for food to be around, so if you're playing on hero garden, but neutral and dark garden are just loaded with food taking up slots, less may appear in hero.
No, I don't. I noticed that if I set the chao garden tree slots to the regular garden trees (so I have seven instead of the standard three) then everything actually works fine. When I made that post, I made my chao plant one each of the special shape fruit seeds, and those didn't work at all. Dunno why, but I guess everyone's getting regular garden fruit!
sandalsf
Egg
Egg

Post by sandalsf »

sandalsf wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 pm Hi Benji,

I thank you for creating the Chao World Mod - however, since the upgrade to Version 8, I'm afraid that the game appears to be really laggy now. I tried out Version 7 of Chao World Extended, and everything seems to be running as normal. But every time I try to run any version of Version 8 (whether it be 8.0 or the latest one, 8.2), the game seems to be slower than normal. The way I can tell is that whenever a Chao plays an instrument (a bell, for example), the pace that the instrument is played is slowed down significantly. For the bell, the Chao doesn't swing the bell as quickly as it usually does. The time it takes to pick up and put down a Chao is increased as well.

I'm afraid I don't have any videos to prove any of this, but hopefully you can figure out what's going on with the game. I installed the mod just like I usually do before, both with Version 7 and Version 8, and I don't believe it's the way I'm installing it that's the issue. The computer itself is fine - the rest of the game plays like normal, and I recently upgraded my memory to give 8GB of RAM. The video graphics card should be fine as well. Like I said, the Chao World usually ran fine beforehand, but now with the newer version it seems to have slowed down a bit. I don't know what else to say other than that.
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else noticed a slowdown of performance when using Chao World Extended Version 8. I checked my computer recently and it seems to be performing fine, plus it has about 8GB of Ram, so I don't think the computer is at fault here. That, and the game runs fine without CWE as I mentioned earlier. Any and all help from anyone reading this would be appreciated. Thanks :)
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

sandalsf wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:00 pm

I thank you for creating the Chao World Mod - however, since the upgrade to Version 8, I'm afraid that the game appears to be really laggy now. I tried out Version 7 of Chao World Extended, and everything seems to be running as normal. But every time I try to run any version of Version 8 (whether it be 8.0 or the latest one, 8.2), the game seems to be slower than normal. The way I can tell is that whenever a Chao plays an instrument (a bell, for example), the pace that the instrument is played is slowed down significantly. For the bell, the Chao doesn't swing the bell as quickly as it usually does. The time it takes to pick up and put down a Chao is increased as well.

I'm afraid I don't have any videos to prove any of this, but hopefully you can figure out what's going on with the game. I installed the mod just like I usually do before, both with Version 7 and Version 8, and I don't believe it's the way I'm installing it that's the issue. The computer itself is fine - the rest of the game plays like normal, and I recently upgraded my memory to give 8GB of RAM. The video graphics card should be fine as well. Like I said, the Chao World usually ran fine beforehand, but now with the newer version it seems to have slowed down a bit. I don't know what else to say other than that.
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else noticed a slowdown of performance when using Chao World Extended Version 8. I checked my computer recently and it seems to be performing fine, plus it has about 8GB of Ram, so I don't think the computer is at fault here. That, and the game runs fine without CWE as I mentioned earlier. Any and all help from anyone reading this would be appreciated. Thanks :)
You really shouldn't use your amount of RAM as benchmark for your PC capabilities. The more code you activate, the more your CPU will need to do calculation. Also, you might need a better GPU if you activate some of the HD codes. We can't really help you if we don't know the basic info of your PC, and there could be other things going on in the background that we are not aware.

My PC is the best example of this: I have 24 GB RAM running at 2133 MHz (technically could go to 2600 MHz), but if I run a Virtual Machine of Windows 10, it will slow down noticeably, since I have a 6 core i5 CPU, so no hyper-threading.
SA2HD ps3 ranked in almost all level! Gosh,even in canon core!Rank 33 in route 101 0_0 (puting ZERO to HERO from Hercule)
I received a beautiful deep blue and black 3DS XL! *_*
sandalsf
Egg
Egg

Post by sandalsf »

medoli900 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:23 am

Hello,

You really shouldn't use your amount of RAM as benchmark for your PC capabilities. The more code you activate, the more your CPU will need to do calculation. Also, you might need a better GPU if you activate some of the HD codes. We can't really help you if we don't know the basic info of your PC, and there could be other things going on in the background that we are not aware.

My PC is the best example of this: I have 24 GB RAM running at 2133 MHz (technically could go to 2600 MHz), but if I run a Virtual Machine of Windows 10, it will slow down noticeably, since I have a 6 core i5 CPU, so no hyper-threading.
Shows how much I know about computers, lol.

For what it's worth, my laptop has an Intel Celeron CPU N3060 @ 1.60GHz (running a bit slower than your 2.133GHz processor). Unfortunately there's no easy way to upgrade the CPU since its soldered to the motherboard. I don't know if there's any way to enable hyper-threading either.

If it helps I have an Acer Aspire R3 131T. I'm going through some of the settings right now, I'll let you know what happens with it.
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

sandalsf wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:24 pm
medoli900 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:23 am

Hello,

Shows how much I know about computers, lol.

For what it's worth, my laptop has an Intel Celeron CPU N3060 @ 1.60GHz (running a bit slower than your 2.133GHz processor). Unfortunately there's no easy way to upgrade the CPU since its soldered to the motherboard. I don't know if there's any way to enable hyper-threading either.

If it helps I have an Acer Aspire R3 131T. I'm going through some of the settings right now, I'll let you know what happens with it.
Oh, it's a laptop. Yeah, I had an Aspire just before building my desktop, and it already was running the Extended Chao Garden 7.5 just barely. I'm not really surprised that 8.2 would slow down the game.
You can't "activate" hyper-threading, it's only available on i7 Intel CPUs. Since it's a laptop, there's not much anyone can do, sadly.
SA2HD ps3 ranked in almost all level! Gosh,even in canon core!Rank 33 in route 101 0_0 (puting ZERO to HERO from Hercule)
I received a beautiful deep blue and black 3DS XL! *_*
wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by wic. »

hey there, was looking around for some info on the mod I can't find anywhere else. I've noticed that my chao have been evolving quicker with each generation, without editing the time. i've narrowed it down to potential items that I believe trigger it. do either of the mushrooms or the minty candy do this? i would like to be able to train my chao a bit more before the reach their first evolution.

thanks.
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

wic. wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:19 pm hey there, was looking around for some info on the mod I can't find anywhere else. I've noticed that my chao have been evolving quicker with each generation, without editing the time. i've narrowed it down to potential items that I believe trigger it. do either of the mushrooms or the minty candy do this? i would like to be able to train my chao a bit more before the reach their first evolution.

thanks.
Mushrooms increasing magnitude for the chao now with CWE, with the red one having an even higher increase. For baby Chao, once the magnitude is full they evolve. So that's probably why you see them evolve quicker if you're feeding them mushrooms.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Steam
Main tumblr blog
VEI-6 Vesuvius
Egg
Egg

Post by VEI-6 Vesuvius »

Hi.
I though I were already registered, but I was wrong, as yesterday i successfully registered.
I just downloaded the latest version of CWE, after four years I didn't play Sonic.
The mod works fine, but I remember last time i played, there were other options like putting your chao down while in the lobby or in the kindergarden. and other things that seem missed.

I also noticed that, when you go near a chao, if you don't pay attention, you automatically kick it, but i didn't see that option in the mods, and, so I wonder if is a bug, although is very realistic.
I appreciate a lot the fact that dark cjhao kjeep their eyes, and I like the contacts idea.

There are some issues and ideas I want to discuss later, though as a new user, starting right now is a bit unpolite, I'll talk about that later.
I miss you Goku, my beloved cat (31/03/2001 - 17/07/2020) and Kiwi, my giant kitten (04/05/2020 - 28/05/2022)
Welcome Aegir (2011) Kiwi and Olav (2020)
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

VEI-6 Vesuvius wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:34 am Hi.
I though I were already registered, but I was wrong, as yesterday i successfully registered.
I just downloaded the latest version of CWE, after four years I didn't play Sonic.
The mod works fine, but I remember last time i played, there were other options like putting your chao down while in the lobby or in the kindergarden. and other things that seem missed.

I also noticed that, when you go near a chao, if you don't pay attention, you automatically kick it, but i didn't see that option in the mods, and, so I wonder if is a bug, although is very realistic.
I appreciate a lot the fact that dark cjhao kjeep their eyes, and I like the contacts idea.

There are some issues and ideas I want to discuss later, though as a new user, starting right now is a bit unpolite, I'll talk about that later.

For putting down your chao in the lobby, you need to hit one of the action buttons twice until the prompt appears. As for hurting your chao when you get near, turn off "invincibility" code. That's a code that came with the Mod Loader and isn't part of CWE. It hurts chao on contact.
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Hydra Spectre
Egg
Egg

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

Post by Hydra Spectre »

I really want to download this mod but I am kind of reluctant with there not being an SADX PC version.
I really wish there is an SADX port of this mod so that Chao from Chao World Extended can be transferred between SA2 and SADX.

And I hope Tiny Chao Garden DX can support Chao World Extended Chao as well so that CWE will be one unified Chao Garden experience between both Sonic Adventure games and Tiny Chao Garden DX.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

Hydra Spectre wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:36 am I really want to download this mod but I am kind of reluctant with there not being an SADX PC version.
I really wish there is an SADX port of this mod so that Chao from Chao World Extended can be transferred between SA2 and SADX.

And I hope Tiny Chao Garden DX can support Chao World Extended Chao as well so that CWE will be one unified Chao Garden experience between both Sonic Adventure games and Tiny Chao Garden DX.
There actually is SADX version of the mod, it was ported by Exant, you can find it on gamebanana https://gamebanana.com/mods/49987, as I know not all features are ported, but many of them are
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Bobb11881
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Bobb11881 »

Does Chao World Extended fix the following glitch?
In the Steam version of SA2, there's a glitch where most animal locations that require picking up an item (the helmets in Metal Harbor, the pyramids in Pyramid cave, the cubes in Final Chase, etc.) simply do not work. You can pick up the item, but no animal will appear even though one is supposed to. This makes it a bit harder to collect animals for Chao raising, but it also makes it impossible to get the 1-up for collecting enough animals in Pyramid Cave, Final Chase, and plenty of other levels. I have only been seen this glitch documented in this guide for all the animal locations, but I have verified it myself: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/682465 ... faqs/68708
The guide also mentions a bat in Pyramid Cave that was accidentally placed inside a torch, making it only obtainable through glitches, and I'm interested to know if that is fixed as well. I looked for any mods that fix these glitches, but didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask about this one, even though I didn't see it in the list of features.
:herocool: :cool: :darkcool:
Faustiana
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Faustiana »

Are the chao lobbies not in the new version of the mod?

I could never get them to work really, either, though. Was the point to click on all of them, and have 8 separate saves, and whichever save you went to would have a different lobby? Or did you have to turn them on one at a time? :herocry:
Viotopia
Egg
Egg

Post by Viotopia »

Hello 😊

I have a question: somehow I can’t increase my chao garden limit, even though I enabled the code by typing in my desired number (I tried 16 and 24). Does anyone have this problem aswell and knows how to fix this?

I also tried it with and without enabling the SADX Garden and the Multisave File codes and I am running out of ideas what I can try next q.q

Have a great day :D
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

Faustiana wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:27 pm Are the chao lobbies not in the new version of the mod?

I could never get them to work really, either, though. Was the point to click on all of them, and have 8 separate saves, and whichever save you went to would have a different lobby? Or did you have to turn them on one at a time? :herocry:
I don't believe the Lobby packs are supported anymore officially. But the download to them can be found here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1389i08g ... k.zip/file

And yes im pretty sure you're suppose to only enable one at a time.
Steam
Main tumblr blog