20th Anniversary to Chao Island!

Announcements about Chao Island.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

20th Anniversary to Chao Island!

Post by Mooncow »

20 YEARS.

Generations of Chao fans have come and gone, but a healthy community still remains! The forums thrived through the 00’s and now Discord has taken the reign. The world of Chao hasn’t been updated by Sega since 2001 yet we have kept things fresh and alive with talented researchers, modders, editors, artists, event organisers, and most importantly a positive atmosphere! Chao World Extended breathed life into the game for many people and we even had the Chao Camera Mod used by Sega themselves!

The most important part for me personally is seeing how many people Chao Island is still helping. Whether it be help with game information, entertainment with Roaxes animated gifs on Twitter, or just a place where people can make new friends and relax. To this day I still get messages of thanks and gratitude from past users who have moved on in life and it warms my heart. :chaohappy:

20 years of leading the charge of the Chao community, maybe one day Sega will reach out to me! :surprise:

Huge thanks to all of you, and especially my team.
Without you guys I couldn’t keep this going for so long. I’ve been fortunate to have had amazing admins helping me all throughout the generations of Chao Island and now it’s expanded to even more Chao experts, researchers, modders, and artists who I am very grateful for. There is an abundance of talent out there and hopefully Chao Island can continue to bring everyone together, and attract even more Chao fans!

And I guess I need to think about stepping down from owning Chao Island.

No, not really. :cool: Chao Island forever!!

The amazing 20th anniversary artwork made by ZipoCXG :sway: Thanks so much!!!

Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: 20th Anniversary to Chao Island!

Post by Roaxes »

WOOOH, I came and joined the community very late in its life time, but I promise I lurked since I was a wee little lad! Happy to be here now and seeing the community expand and continue surviving all these years.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Didn't realize this place was quite that old... Shame the forums are pretty dead *is of a generation that wants nothing to do with modern social media* but I still lurk around here for the occasional thing worth reading.
samurott
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue

Post by samurott »

Now THIS is the anniversary I live to see! :darkhappy:
A Living Glitch
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by A Living Glitch »

Soon as I saw those camera angles during the chao portion of the symphony I smelled some islander handiwork :cool: I have come to appreciate this fanbase more than any other as it matured.
eyewaL
Egg
Egg

hello, how can i solve this problem?

Post by eyewaL »

hello, how can i solve this problem with this page showing? eyeg
Xeno
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Xeno »

Wow, congrats on the milestone!

20 years is a long time (most of my lifetime in fact) and it's interesting to see how much Internet culture as a whole has evolved over that time period. A lot of people have come and gone, but Chao Island to me will always be remembered. So many memories born of raising Chao, posting various information about them, meeting like-minded people through the Chatbox feature when social media was not widely used and Discord didn't exist, and fostering friendships with some, even if they didn't last.

Thank you for everything you've done for this place, Mooncow, and cheers to many years ahead! :chaohappy:
“Life’s not cruel until you put the game controller down.”

This is a little philosophical gem that I said when I was insanely tired.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

Twenty years!! That's incredible. I haven't been very active on here in the past few years but I'm so glad this website is still around :darkhappy:
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
xolcin
Egg
Egg

Post by xolcin »

I recently downloaded SA2 from Steam and am experiencing Chao World Extended for the first time. So far it's been a great hit of nostalgia with a new twist that feels really polished. I've been using this website on and off for over 15 years so thank you for keeping this resource around :chaohappy:
Skelehimae
Egg
Egg
Motto: Be the change you wish to see ^.^

Post by Skelehimae »

So happy to see that this community is still thriving!! I've been using this website for years, time to contribute :herosway:
Hunterfazcat
Egg
Egg
Motto: I love my children AKA my Chao

Post by Hunterfazcat »

That's cool that there's a 20 anniversary I actually turned 22 this year and I remember when I was about 5 or 10 I actually had my own Chao garden I love these little guys I mean they are my favorites and besides I like being the newbie around here so what up everyone :chao:
Hunterfazcat
Egg
Egg
Motto: I love my children AKA my Chao

Post by Hunterfazcat »

That's cool that there's a 20 anniversary I actually turned 22 this year and I remember when I was about 5 or 10 I actually had my own Chao garden I love these little guys I mean they are my favorites and besides I like being the newbie around here so what up everyone :chao:
pinkarray
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Curiosity kills the cat

Post by pinkarray »

I know I haven't been active in years but I just got back into the chao mood after finding out about the chao world extension mod and wow. I didn't even know this site was that old. Many forums I have been a part of don't last this long so I'm grateful chao island did. Congratulations. :chaohappy:
I will find the good in all of you! Because I am an optimistic girl, and I love finding out about how happy/optimistic people are.:)
lacey the chao
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: i'm adorable ♡

Post by lacey the chao »

I’m a little late to seeing this post, but I’ve always been grateful to this site for kicking off my involvement in internet communities. I’ve been around since 2003. :) it’s great to have seen this place through its many phases. :darkhappy:
(My favorite was when there was midi music attached) :darkblah:
entp & generally crude lol
:darkblah:
TheGamingParadise
Egg
Egg

Post by TheGamingParadise »

I just got into Chao Raising in SA2 and I did not know that the Chao raising community was this old. :chaohappy: :darkhappy:
I am new to Chao raising. I think that more people should try getting into Chao. My Fav SA2 character is Shadow :cool:
papermario1998
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Coming soon to videocassette

Post by papermario1998 »

Late to the party, but happy 20th Chao Island!
Can't help but be a bit saddened when I think that I've been on this website for 14 years, and forums have been mostly replaced by social media at this point

But I'm happy to see the community still thriving in one way or another! :walkto:
I'm back from the WayBack machine, and I'm Knocking, again.
Furry Trash :cool:
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

papermario1998 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:25 pm Late to the party, but happy 20th Chao Island!
Can't help but be a bit saddened when I think that I've been on this website for 14 years, and forums have been mostly replaced by social media at this point

But I'm happy to see the community still thriving in one way or another! :walkto:
I think Discord killed it more xD I do think forums still have a place in terms of getting long term conversations for specific topics but a lot of people are hooked on the ease of discord nowdays to want to waste time to come on the forums anymore. We still actually have an active community but they're all hidden away in chao islands discord never touching forums. :(
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

e

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

independently hosted Forums dedicated to specific interests remain my preferred form of social media, but its hard to deny that they've lost ground to more monolithic alternatives like Discord Servers, Facebook Groups, and Sub-Reddits... It's a shame really, no one is making new forums anymore and few of the older ones are still active if they haven't vanished into the digital aether altogether.
DoubleBlackDiamond
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I like mints

Post by DoubleBlackDiamond »

I love this. I love this so much. Reading this post makes me feel great. :chaohappy: