Ring Farming

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ashinox
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Ring Farming

Post by Ashinox »

What's A good map In SA2B to farm rings? (I'm using City Escape atm)
Image <<< Please click mah Pokemon!
mistermephisto
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: Ring Farming

Post by mistermephisto »

I really don't think there's a better place than City Escape, actually. I'd always do the lost chao mission there, go through the level, restart with the back ring, and then keep doing it over and over again until I had 999. Then I'd actually find the chao and end the level.
Ashinox
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Ashinox »

mistermephisto wrote:I really don't think there's a better place than City Escape, actually. I'd always do the lost chao mission there, go through the level, restart with the back ring, and then keep doing it over and over again until I had 999. Then I'd actually find the chao and end the level.
My good ally, what do you mean by that?
mistermephisto
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by mistermephisto »

You play the third mission, which is unlocked after beating the original mission and the 100 ring mission. What you're supposed to do in the third mission is find the lost chao in the level. If you fail to find it and reach the end of the level, the level just starts over instantly, but you keep all of the rings you had before. So you can just infinitely run through the level until you get max rings. The level won't actually end until you find the lost chao.
Ashinox
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Ashinox »

mistermephisto wrote:You play the third mission, which is unlocked after beating the original mission and the 100 ring mission. What you're supposed to do in the third mission is find the lost chao in the level. If you fail to find it and reach the end of the level, the level just starts over instantly, but you keep all of the rings you had before. So you can just infinitely run through the level until you get max rings. The level won't actually end until you find the lost chao.
... Epic Win!
TeeTop
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by TeeTop »

After you get about 10,000 rings or whatever, take advantage of the ring trick/glitch.
Buy the most expensive item you can get in the black market, take it to any garden and save the game.
Return, sell the item, and perform a soft reset by pressing Start, X (or Y. forgot which one), and B simultaneously.
The game will reset to the start screen and you'll gain 1/4 of the rings the item cost by selling it.
Go back to the garden and the item will be there for you to sell again, again, again, and again. Just repeat the steps.
Last edited by TeeTop on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashinox
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Ashinox »

TeeTop wrote:After you get about 10,000 rings or whatever, take advantage of the ring trick.
Buy the most expensive item you can get in the black market, take it to any garden and save the game.
Return, sell the item, and perform a soft reset by pressing Start, X (or Y. forgot which one), and B simultaneously.
The game will reset to the start screen and you'll gain 1/4 of the rings the item costed by selling it.
Go back to the garden and the item will be there for you to sell again, again, again, and again. Just repeat the steps.
I know that trick but, it takes time and effort (Not like city escape doesnt)
TeeTop
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by TeeTop »

I think it's quicker though. You can get a couple or few thousand every two minutes.
Moonstalker
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Moonstalker »

The ring trick doesn't take time OR effort. You get around 5000 rings per minute, if you're good enough at it. <_<

Once you work your way up to a black ski mask, you're good. Just keep one off to the side of your garden. A shiny black Chao egg (top half) would also be worth the same. :p

Of course, you would have to do that by selling apples, then other types of hats. :p
SOLTYPE
My Tumblr ~ huge faggot coming through beep beep
Blazing Groudon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: ps no one never found clock man it was probably a hoax

Post by Blazing Groudon »

5 of the best ways: (5th Hardest, getting easier)
  • 5. Metal Harbor
    4. City Escape
    3. Selling Eggshells/Pumkins/Skulls
    2. Route 101
    1. The ring glitch
DropkickGiggles
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Always grinding!

Post by DropkickGiggles »

This was really helpful, thanks all! :chaohappy: