Chao Garden - PC | *7/30/2011*

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
coty-crg
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Chao Garden - PC | *7/30/2011*

Post by coty-crg »

Chao Garden~
http://crossedshadows.com/chao.html

This is my version of the Tiny Chao Garden. Raise your Chao to be the best, strongest, fastest, and smartest of them all!

You can do many things in the Chao Garden.. Try it out, experiment a bit and figure out how to raise the very best one! Try your luck at the Races, play some mini-games to earn Rings!

There are many settings you can choose from to make the garden fit your needs. If you want to just have it up on the side of your screen, enable "Stay on Top," and it will keep your Garden always in view. I will add in several new things later, including: Garden Creation Tool(done), Chao Doctor(done), and Chao School. If anyone has any more suggestions, feel free to post!

Changelog~
7/30/2011~ - Update 2.0! (Finally in 3D!)
-3D
-3D
-Removed the Chao Doctor for now(sorry guys, the Doctor was outdated, only showed Chao from Garden1, I'll fix that later on)
-Save files for both Garden and Chao will seemlessly transfer over to 3D, not converting or anything required!
-3D
-New UI
-3D
-2.5D
-3D
-3D
-3D
-System made for using Characters. Sonic is the only playable character at the moment, so he remains "neutral" to the Chao.
-Sonic still needs some graphical work done. (For example, there is no graphic for him holding the Chao, so it appears as if they are floating next to him.
-3D
-3D
-No longer a lot of use for the Mouse, but it's still needed
-3D
-3D
-Default screen resolution made larger (bigger screen for all you babies who couldn't press F4)
-3D
-Still working on Tree Collisions, it's currently just a little buggy. Nothing to major though, since most of the world is still flat.
-3D
-Some other stuff I'm sure I've forgotten, but did anyways to make the game run smoother, faster, lighter, etc etc.
-3D
-3D
-Special Chao present inlcuded inside! (Her name is Violet)

ToDo List~
1) Add in my 3D engine to the Chao Races (won't be hard at all. Just haven't gotten around to it)
2) Add some sort of unnecessary 3D effects to all the minigames
3) Add in a new Minigame
4) Add in either Shadow or Tails as a new playable character
5) Add in some more graphics, for Sonic. (He really needs to be able to literally hold his Chao. Also I need to be able to Drop-Kick these little guys or something, or this just isn't a garden)
Spoiler:
5/12/2011~ - Update 1.7! (finally)
-fixed mouse graphical glitch when petting/picking up
-graphical things added to Rock, Paper, Chao
-fixed bug with loading correct chao in races, depending on garden
-fixed speed in races when boosting
-Made the Title/Menu/Start screen..cleaner. It looks pretty and has a lot more....movement, now. Also it shows a random bit of text there now.

Now for the big update: Garden 2 is much larger.
I just now implemented a system for much, MUCH bigger gardens(infinate in all directions if I decide to make that!).

Basically, the garden is pretty big, and you can scroll around in it. It comes with a fully functional, handy-dandy, pretty little MiniMap. You can change whether or not you see said minimap in the options! (or by Pressing the hotkey "M")

About the scrolling: you can lock the scrolling of the screen with "L."

ToDo list~
-JUMP INTO FREAK'N 3D!
-Make the Garden Editor a bit....better. It's really dull at the moment, haha.

12/12/2010~
-Fixed a few bugs
-Changed counters to seconds, instead of frames rendering
-Added more fruit
-Fixed 1st minigame
-Everything except the for the tree/bush thing that someone suggested I think I've done. (not 100% sure)
-Easter Egg in the download for this specific update!

12/18/2010~
1 New Minigame (Chao Ball)
Made a Game Room, instead of a clutter of GBA's.
Slower Hunger/Mood depletion.

12/28/2010~
Bug fixes.
Added a "last garden" option to imported gardens.
Made each garden have its own save file. Right now all Imported Gardens are still just skins. (all imported gardens have same save file)
Chao Breeding!
Chao Breeding!
Chao Breeding!
(Actually the Chao Breeding can be a bit buggy at times, but.. hey, I'm still working on it.)

12/31/2010~
Store now displays details on the item the mouse is hovering over!
You can now press P to pause all the minigames.
I made some major changes to Chao Ball:
-Fixed bugginess with collisions. (now there is a slight jitter occasionally..not a big deal)
-The bar at the right now displays time left in the round(which is shortened in half).
-Each round, you will be granted 5 coins, times whatever the number round you are on. Each round increases the speed at which the spheres are created.

1/1/2011~
-Fixed everything with Chao Ball
-Added support for breeding colored Chao
-Fixed bug were it only loaded your last selected Chao from garden 1 in minigames, instead of the others when needed.
-Made weeds have an actual purpose. Picking them out gives you a basic stamina fruit.
-Fixed the awkward eating. (for anyone wondering.. I was retarded and made it check for around the mouse, instead of around the Chao itself, for finding the food to eat. Derp!)
-This update comes with Aqua, a very talented Blue Chao! Happy new years!
Last edited by coty-crg on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:47 am, edited 16 times in total.
~http://crossedshadows.com/GirSig.png <--because apparently 150p is to big. >.>
~Come check out some of my games at http://crossedshadows.com/. They all suck!
arks
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: Tiny Chao Garden - PC

Post by arks »

These are my issues:

Can you add hero/dark fruits to make hero/dark chao instead of petting/abusing?

How do I hatch an egg? why can't I name my own chao? This is important. Make it more apparent how to rename a chao.

Can you make it so the default gardens don't come with Emma and Doom, or make their names changeable?

The chao sleep animation is too fast (it looks like they're hyperventilating in their sleep.) Also, they just fall asleep for 2 seconds and wake up.

I don't like how the chao are partially transparent when you enter a garden from the menu or from a minigame.

The Chao names above their heads clashes with the style of the game

The chao fly minigames animations are too fast (the chao and the speed of the clouds, the clouds are hurting my eyes)

The chao fly minigame needs to be so you can move by holding down the arrows, instead of pressing them repeatedly.

Why do the numbers count down so fast in the chao fly game?

Get rid of having to type "Dismiss" to delete a chao. just make a y/n confirmation

The website says that in the flying minigame "Your score is multiplied by 10, and that is the amount of rings you get on exit. " But when I get 60 points, I don't get 600 rings.

The chao races simply look terrible, with clashing graphics and really poor racetracks. I'd recommend removing them entirely, unless you get an actual spriter.

If you do get an actual spriter, get them to make in-between stages for hero/dark baby chao.

Right now I'm feeling that you've not tried very hard on this and you've released an unfinished game. Even doubting that you've even played this yourself.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I'm not going to read Arks' post because I want to offer a few bits of information to help you out.

Okay...I'll start with the compliments. I'm glad to see that someone is working on this. I was going to work on my own, but I don't find my programming ability good enough at this present time, and I don't like to program without having a good idea how I'd make things run. I do have a great understanding of how SA DC, SA2 DC, SA2B GC, SADX GC, SADX PC, and the four existing versions of the Tiny Chao Gardens all work, which isn't as hard as you'd think. The raising system itself can be recreated in any way, because the concept is pretty basic. You can check my posts to see that I know my stuff, and I'd like to say that this was a pretty nice result.

Of course, nothing is perfect. I have a few problems with the current products, but I'll mainly focus on the Chao Garden.

-Window Size: The size of the window starts out too small. I understand that it is a Tiny Chao Garden, but even Gameboy Advance emulators come up bigger than this. You really should think of doubling or tripling the size of the program as a whole.

-Cursor: I like the hand. I will give you that. It works well, just like the original, the problem I have is that at you have to hold it down to use it. I understand, that is for functionality purpose, but it would be rather nice to not have to hold down things like fruits and eggs, since they were never like that. And an error I noticed is that it changes back to normal when using the Exit Menu.

-Setting: I'll cover this before I get into the garden's issues. Your song selection should come with the inclusion of the Hero Garden and Dark Garden tunes, possibly even original tunes given to you by willing contributors. I also think the frame rate option is a bit silly, for casual players at least.

(For the record, I would like to add that the text blends into the background a bit too well.)

Now for the garden itself.

-Chao Garden Menu: I like the multiple garden options, but you may want to establish that they aren't really different gardens. These gardens are just different skins to be used by the Chao Garden, not different gardens with different Chao.

-Chao Movement: The Chao seem to move very fast. Sleeping looks more like bobbing heads, and my Chao seem to sleep a lot. You may want to compare the movement to that of the Tiny Chao Garden. It feels very sped up and very choppy. I'm also noticing questionable sounds and activities being tied together. I'd like to see what sprite sheet you're using. I would also like to know which Tiny Chao Garden you are basing yours off of, as in which game it is from.

-Weeds: These things are growing too fast and in the weirdest of spots for some of them. The weeds hardly even held a purpose, so I don't see a reason for them. Their movement when plucked also seems odd and too quiet.

-Chao Ball: The Emote Ball, as I call it, doesn't seem to maintain the same distance as it would when the Chao is sleeping as it would when it is walking. The Emote Ball should more-or-less be a loose, and free moving piece that has the destination of two squares above the Chao's head, typically bobbing around within a six by six square about the Chao's head.

-Stat List: As amusing as Run, Swim, Power, Fly is as a listing, I think you'd be pleasing the fans more effectively if you stuck to the Swim, Fly, Run, Power listing. Also, when I hit "A", my stat list changes to a weird list that states what look like greats and other details based on stats. I'm assuming this is listing racing experience, but it seems a bit silly to list them like that when you could easily sprite metals or have someone do it for you. (This is something I would gladly do.) Also, I would recommend using the system that the Tiny Chao Garden used when it comes to stating the Chao's evolution. It would use an image of a Chao's head, colored to match alignment, then call the Chao either Child, Normal, Swim, Fly, Run, or Power based on its evolution.

-Fruit: I understand that you seem to have your own idea for how Tiny Chao Garden fruit work, but it doesn't make much sense to me. I'd recommend you look at what those known fruit do and either adjust them or modify them to make your own fruit, or even sprite Chaos Drives. (Another thing I would gladly do.) Also, when Chao eat the fruit, they just kinda absorb it. I miss seeing a Chao hold the fruit, take a bite, see the fruit shrink, and so on.
--Notable Error: I bought a fruit but then dropped it right by Z when it is closed and cannot grab it. This is part of why I do not like the Hold Left system, because you can easily place the fruit when it shouldn't go.

-Right Click: It feels weird just randomly picking up the Chao like that. Something more consistent would be nice. Something that looks less like abuse. And what is with that boot I get when I press P?

-Mood and Belly: It feels like they go down too fast. You should watch the speed at which the Tiny Chao Garden's Belly and Mood move.

-Egg: Yes, I bought an egg, but what now?

-Toys: Why no toys? They're pretty simple and fun.

-Sounds: I'm now realizing why we didn't get sound effects with these Chao. It is kind of annoying because they never stop making sound because they aren't given enough food to feed them. i would highly recommend a Free Stamina Boosting Fruit, even a tree or bush to grow them.

-Games: The games seem...odd.
--Purple GBA: The Rock, Paper, Scissors game appears to be working on the wrong kind of If Statement. I am assuming you have it set to read what cards you have, which are given at random, and add new cards based on those cards. A much better system is used by the game, which is for the card being drawn to be based on how many of a specific card are on the field, to make it easier for you to go further.
--White GBA: I like this game. I really do. Very original and very nice. The problem I have is that you're switching the controls to that of the keypad, which is confusing since the rest of the game is based on the mouse being moved. Consistency is key. Also, the control confuses me because you have to continuously press Up or Down or click Left and Right. Holding the keys would work much better. And fruit being upside down seems silly, since it is just falling, so it shouldn't go upside down.
--Teal GBA: This just feels sloppy for some reason. I'd like to revisit this another time.

-Garden Interactions: The garden doesn't seem to interact the same way as it should. It just feels awkward seeing a Chao on, in, or behind a "bush".

-Garden Size: If you're going to allow a greater number of Chao, you want to make the garden bigger than this. It will get really cramped really fast and people will get confused. Plus, having to pay to feed so many Chao can get very ineffective.

-Controls: HOW DO I PAUSE?! Not to sound rude, but if you can't pause this, I don't see much of a reason behind wanting to play it, and being able to.

Surprisingly, this is me not nitpicking. There are a lot of more minor details and suggestions I could make a deal about, but I won't because I don't want to ask for perfection. This should be enough information to get something moving.

I also noticed some of Arks' notices, so I'll comment on those.

Adding the use of alignment seems a bit drastic at this current point.

The name changing would be apparent to anyone who played with a Tiny Chao Garden before.

Ark should have tried starting a new games multiple times.

That's all I care to look at. XP
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
coty-crg
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by coty-crg »

Before I comment on your guys' comments, I just want to say: thanks for the input!
Also, this game is still a WIP(which is why I posted it here, because you guys seem to really know your Chao!)

>Can you add hero/dark fruits to make hero/dark chao instead of petting/abusing?
Already noted, I'll be sure to have this before the next update!
>How do I hatch an egg? why can't I name my own chao? This is important. Make it more apparent how to rename a chao.
You hatch the egg just like in the original games(either wait a minute or two, or throw/kick the egg open)
>Can you make it so the default gardens don't come with Emma and Doom, or make their names changeable?
Names are changeable, just click the name at top-right. (I made it highlight when hovering over it, just in case it wasn't apparent)
>The chao sleep animation is too fast (it looks like they're hyperventilating in their sleep.) Also, they just fall asleep for 2 seconds and wake up.
This is something I am working on.
>I don't like how the chao are partially transparent when you enter a garden from the menu or from a minigame.
Yeah.. That is actually a common complaint. Do you have a suggestion? I considered just making the whole garden fade in, from black?
>The Chao names above their heads clashes with the style of the game
This is another thing I've been tampering with.. I have yet to find an appropriate font. Also, if this bugs you being there, you can turn the name off, to a glow, or an arrow in the options. Though, the name is there to show you what your Chao is on its way to evolving to. Top half shows the stat type evolution, the bottom half shows hero/dark/neutral.
>The chao fly minigames animations are too fast (the chao and the speed of the clouds, the clouds are hurting my eyes)
Can't really do much on this? It's a speed minigame, after all! ;)
>The chao fly minigame needs to be so you can move by holding down the arrows, instead of pressing them repeatedly.
That was intentionally ment to be part of the gameplay, but I may change it.
>Why do the numbers count down so fast in the chao fly game?
It goes down by frames, this is another WIP. I will have it count by seconds before next update!
>Get rid of having to type "Dismiss" to delete a chao. just make a y/n confirmation
The whole point of this is so someone doesn't accidentally delete their Chao!
>The website says that in the flying minigame "Your score is multiplied by 10, and that is the amount of rings you get on exit. " But when I get 60 points, I don't get 600 rings.
Derp. Forgot to change the site. The previous update did that, but I made some major changes to the minigame since then.
>The chao races simply look terrible, with clashing graphics and really poor racetracks. I'd recommend removing them entirely, unless you get an actual spriter.
Yeah. Send a spriter my way. ;) Also. I plan on doing ALL the races in another EXE file(or just a big update in the future), which will feature all the races from SA1 and 2, and also online play!
>Right now I'm feeling that you've not tried very hard on this and you've released an unfinished game. Even doubting that you've even played this yourself.
That's kind of harsh, bro. Seeing as I put a lot of effort into making this. Also, as I said earlier, the entire thing still is a WIP. (And yes I did test it out myself, on several different computers, for gameplay and performance. I needed to make sure this thing could run on a cardboard box!)

>What game are you basing this off of?
Well, actually, I'm doing the Tiny Chao Garden style, but I'm going to go for a full-on Chao Garden. So I suppose, SA2:B, with TCG graphics?

-Window Size: The size of the window starts out too small.
It does, but it starts this way because this is the default resolution of the GBA. I made sure to put an option to change window size, or even fullscreen it(F4), and in the settings you can checkmark "Remember Window."

-Cursor
I can make that another option, but most users actually enjoy the hold-click feature. I'll be sure to add in a "click instead of hold" toggle in the options by the next update!

-And an error I noticed is that it changes back to normal when using the Exit Menu.
Elaborate? I don't understand what you mean.

-Setting: I'll cover this before I get into the garden's issues. Your song selection should come with the inclusion of the Hero Garden and Dark Garden tunes, possibly even original tunes given to you by willing contributors. I also think the frame rate option is a bit silly, for casual players at least.
For the music, I have a guy currently working on 8-bit versions of almost every Chao Garden song, ever. So I have that covered.
For the frame-rate option, that is simply a temporary option, for debugging purposes. (I have to try the game out on weaker computers, you know?)

-Chao Garden Menu: I like the multiple garden options, but you may want to establish that they aren't really different gardens. These gardens are just different skins to be used by the Chao Garden, not different gardens with different Chao.
In the near future, they WILL be different gardens, so no worries. For now, they are skins, either this update or next, they won't be.

-Chao Movement: The Chao seem to move very fast. Sleeping looks more like bobbing heads, and my Chao seem to sleep a lot. You may want to compare the movement to that of the Tiny Chao Garden. It feels very sped up and very choppy.
I'll be sure to do this. Accuracy is key for me.

I'm also noticing questionable sounds and activities being tied together.
Haha. Something I'm still working on.

I'd like to see what sprite sheet you're using.
I'm using a couple different ones, and a lot of custom stuff. I'll upload it if I remember, later.

-Weeds: These things are growing too fast and in the weirdest of spots for some of them. The weeds hardly even held a purpose, so I don't see a reason for them. Their movement when plucked also seems odd and too quiet.
Movement I probably won't bother with, since it's a minor thing. Also, I mainly kept the weeds for nostalgia purposes. I did add a bit of mood-subtraction for when they are there, though. Just so they would have some sort of purpose.

-Chao Ball: The Emote Ball, as I call it, doesn't seem to maintain the same distance as it would when the Chao is sleeping as it would when it is walking. The Emote Ball should more-or-less be a loose, and free moving piece that has the destination of two squares above the Chao's head, typically bobbing around within a six by six square about the Chao's head.
This is something I really do need to work on. Thanks for reminding me! (not being sarcastic!)

-Stat List: As amusing as Run, Swim, Power, Fly is as a listing, I think you'd be pleasing the fans more effectively if you stuck to the Swim, Fly, Run, Power listing.
Herp.My memory has failed me. I REALLY should have taken a second look at the TCG, lol.

Also, when I hit "A", my stat list changes to a weird list that states what look like greats and other details based on stats. I'm assuming this is listing racing experience, but it seems a bit silly to list them like that when you could easily sprite metals or have someone do it for you. (This is something I would gladly do.)
This, yeah, this is just a list of races won. I really need to remove it, since I have the Chao Doctor, now. If you want, it would be really nice of you to make the sprites!

Also, I would recommend using the system that the Tiny Chao Garden used when it comes to stating the Chao's evolution. It would use an image of a Chao's head, colored to match alignment, then call the Chao either Child, Normal, Swim, Fly, Run, or Power based on its evolution.
I do have this. The colors of the text change/blend of the Chao's name to show you what it will evolve into, if it were to evolve at that instant. It also shows it in the Chao Doctor, as plain text. Any other suggestions on how to show it?

-Fruit: I understand that you seem to have your own idea for how Tiny Chao Garden fruit work, but it doesn't make much sense to me. I'd recommend you look at what those known fruit do and either adjust them or modify them to make your own fruit, or even sprite Chaos Drives. (Another thing I would gladly do.)
Chaos Drives? Genius! Why didn't I think of this already? Also: if you do want to sprite them, I would gladly accept the sprites!

Also, when Chao eat the fruit, they just kinda absorb it. I miss seeing a Chao hold the fruit, take a bite, see the fruit shrink, and so on.
This is something I planned on doing, already.
--Notable Error: I bought a fruit but then dropped it right by Z when it is closed and cannot grab it.
God I'm retarded. Thanks for pointing this out.

-Right Click: It feels weird just randomly picking up the Chao like that. Something more consistent would be nice. Something that looks less like abuse. And what is with that boot I get when I press P?
I'm going to make a hotkey in place of all mouse buttons. And P is the same as clicking the mousewheel, you can swing the boot at a Chao to abuse it.

-Mood and Belly: It feels like they go down too fast. You should watch the speed at which the Tiny Chao Garden's Belly and Mood move.
Noted. Will do.

-Egg: Yes, I bought an egg, but what now?
Wait one or two minutes, or hit it with the boot.

-Toys: Why no toys? They're pretty simple and fun.
They are in there. Cookies if you figure out how to unlock them. ;) (right now I have the TV, Trumpet, Duck, and a ball which has terrible physics)

-Sounds: I'm now realizing why we didn't get sound effects with these Chao. It is kind of annoying because they never stop making sound because they aren't given enough food to feed them.
And thus I made the "turn off sound effects" option in the settings.

i would highly recommend a Free Stamina Boosting Fruit, even a tree or bush to grow them.
Already noted.

-Games: The games seem...odd.
--Purple GBA: The Rock, Paper, Scissors game appears to be working on the wrong kind of If Statement. I am assuming you have it set to read what cards you have, which are given at random, and add new cards based on those cards. A much better system is used by the game, which is for the card being drawn to be based on how many of a specific card are on the field, to make it easier for you to go further.
--White GBA: I like this game. I really do. Very original and very nice. The problem I have is that you're switching the controls to that of the keypad, which is confusing since the rest of the game is based on the mouse being moved. Consistency is key. Also, the control confuses me because you have to continuously press Up or Down or click Left and Right. Holding the keys would work much better. And fruit being upside down seems silly, since it is just falling, so it shouldn't go upside down.
--Teal GBA: This just feels sloppy for some reason. I'd like to revisit this another time.

Purple: Cards there are 100% random, just like the original. The next update will actually make the squares go faster over time, but not to fast, of course.
White: Controls aren't switched? Almost everything can be done with the mouse alone, and I added hotkeys for most of the mouse functions, for those who don't like them. You can right/left click to control Chao in this game, as well as arrow keys. (and maybe WASD, idr)
Teal: Yeah. It really was a sloppy job. I REALLY need a spriter, lol. I plan on redoing all of the races, though, so it'll be fine.

-Garden Interactions: The garden doesn't seem to interact the same way as it should. It just feels awkward seeing a Chao on, in, or behind a "bush".
Hm? What do you mean? In the original, the Chaos would just walk on top of the bushes. I tried to be a bit more.....realistic?.. and made them go behind the bush. Also you can turn off bush transparency, if that itself bothers you.

-Garden Size: If you're going to allow a greater number of Chao, you want to make the garden bigger than this. It will get really cramped really fast and people will get confused. Plus, having to pay to feed so many Chao can get very ineffective.
I already programmed in the ability to make bigger gardens easily.. but I wasn't sure if people would enjoy the original garden, or a bigger one. So for now I'm leaving the small garden. By Chao Garden 2.0, a much bigger garden will most likely be implemented. (Also with a playable character to walk around in said garden has been thought about)

-Controls: HOW DO I PAUSE?! Not to sound rude, but if you can't pause this, I don't see much of a reason behind wanting to play it, and being able to.
The only "pause" right now is in the racing minigame. I'll be sure to add in pause for the other two minigames, as well, on the next update. (Jesus I just realized how big of an update this is). For the garden itself, just use <esc> to go back to the main menu.

Surprisingly, this is me not nitpicking. There are a lot of more minor details and suggestions I could make a deal about, but I won't because I don't want to ask for perfection. This should be enough information to get something moving.
This is more than enough to get me moving, bro. Thanks for all the feedback! And nitpicking really isn't a bad thing, I enjoy the criticism, I want to make the best thing I can!

More feedback, welcome, of course~
jurejure
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by jurejure »

hmm i kinda like it i have been looking for something like that i know it will get beter sometime but in the first time nothing can be perfect :wink:
Krys
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Krys »

I downloaded the file from the website. Now what do I do? o3o *file n00b*
coty-crg
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by coty-crg »

Krys wrote:I downloaded the file from the website. Now what do I do? o3o *file n00b*
Right click -> Extract
jurejure wrote:hmm i kinda like it i have been looking for something like that i know it will get beter sometime but in the first time nothing can be perfect :wink:
It's not a first release, but it is an early one.

Sorry I haven't updated yet, guys. I recently got into Wii hacking, haha. Been trying to get GC games to load via USB. >.<
jurejure
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by jurejure »

yeah i hope you are sucesfull by that i would like to play wario world on GC again >:o or if you have a working room to send me
a website i mean
coty-crg
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by coty-crg »

jurejure wrote:yeah i hope you are sucesfull by that i would like to play wario world on GC again >:o or if you have a working room to send me
a website i mean
Well it turns out you are able to put GC games on an SD card, but not a USB, for some odd reason. Good enough for me, at the moment. 32GB SD card GO!
jurejure
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by jurejure »

how do you play it then? o.o
coty-crg
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by coty-crg »

jurejure wrote:how do you play it then? o.o
Look it up on Google. ;D
ChaoMaster111
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: Tiny Chao Garden - PC | *12/12/2010*

Post by ChaoMaster111 »

Wow very cool. New for pc garden is a great idea
slikbladechao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by slikbladechao »

i need the cable
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Location: We'll be destroyed, I feel annoyed... not overjoyed...... but maybe I'm just paranoid.... PEACE

Post by Steel the Enchilada »

I heard your plea for a spriter, and I have appeared.

I can sprite some things for you, just tell me what you need and what you want them to look like.
Ninja
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: The Syna

Post by Ninja »

You should get Flame too.
I have main character tendencies.
Keep ya head up; things look bad a lot, but you're worth it, I assure you.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

I have some work done on SA2B items, such as Chaos Drives and Black Market Fruit.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176 ... sting1.png

The fruit aren't shaded yet, but the Chaos Drives are complete and usable.
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Location: We'll be destroyed, I feel annoyed... not overjoyed...... but maybe I'm just paranoid.... PEACE

Okay, now that I've had a few minutes to play this, let me point out some flaws. They are listed from barely noticeable to gog it's awful.

The boundaries for when Chao are swimming are about 2 pixels too far.

The chao's eyes don't look right when you pet them.

If you leave a garden then come back, the SFX disappear.

The chao don't even look like they're eating the fruit, it just looks like the fruit is getting smaller. Make it so that the chao have to pick up the fruit to actually eat it, if you would.

The name for one of the Chao in Chao race, "Lolwut", it doesn't make sense. Just get rid of the rival Chao names, because only "Him" has a name in original SA and SA2 versions.

The weeds grow way too fast.

The chao that is flying in the Flying Mini-game seems to be missing his emote ball.

The chao come out of their eggs strangely. They should pop out and the eggshells shouldn't just "evaporate", they should stay in the garden for a little while.

The Rock Paper Scissors game, it needs fixing. I lose triangles, even when I hit the right card.

The race mini-game needs a total over-haul, and I can help with the race maps.

Other than those few things, this game is actually pretty fun. I especially love kicking the chao and watching them go flying.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a

Post by Mel Mel »

In Rock, Paper, Chao! whatever you hit, it disappears.
(12:15:40) Tobi: no, mel only owns young children
(12:15:46) Tobi: in his basement
(12:15:47) Tobi: i mean what

(17:44:45) Dr._Roivas: eevee.......just like......
(17:44:48) Dr._Roivas: what even are you??????
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Melissa, that's what it's supposed to do to show that you hit the right one.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a

Post by Mel Mel »

^ No, I hit rock with scissors and it acted like it was correct and it added onto my time.
(12:15:40) Tobi: no, mel only owns young children
(12:15:46) Tobi: in his basement
(12:15:47) Tobi: i mean what

(17:44:45) Dr._Roivas: eevee.......just like......
(17:44:48) Dr._Roivas: what even are you??????
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

I did not know that.
coty-crg
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by coty-crg »

Before reading, just letting you guys know there are a couple bugs unique to this version. I'll update it before tomorrow to V1.51. (eg Trumpet glitch)
Mel Mel wrote:^ No, I hit rock with scissors and it acted like it was correct and it added onto my time.
That is currently.. impossible with my code. lol. Your eyes aren't moving fast enough or something.

The boundaries for when Chao are swimming are about 2 pixels too far.
Already noted.. Working on that.
The chao's eyes don't look right when you pet them.
Derp. That has nothing to do with gameplay.
If you leave a garden then come back, the SFX disappear.
I can't seem to recreate your problem..
The chao don't even look like they're eating the fruit, it just looks like the fruit is getting smaller. Make it so that the chao have to pick up the fruit to actually eat it, if you would.
Something that is being worked on.
The name for one of the Chao in Chao race, "Lolwut", it doesn't make sense. Just get rid of the rival Chao names, because only "Him" has a name in original SA and SA2 versions.
This is a good idea.
The weeds grow way too fast.
Alright.
The chao that is flying in the Flying Mini-game seems to be missing his emote ball.
Wow. I'm retarded.
The chao come out of their eggs strangely. They should pop out and the eggshells shouldn't just "evaporate", they should stay in the garden for a little while.
I'll be sure to do something like that eventually.
The Rock Paper Scissors game, it needs fixing. I lose triangles, even when I hit the right card.
I can't seem to recreate your problem..
The race mini-game needs a total over-haul, and I can help with the race maps.
Go right ahead. ;)
Other than those few things, this game is actually pretty fun. I especially love kicking the chao and watching them go flying.
Thanks. And yeah, lol.

Crazo3077 wrote:I have some work done on SA2B items, such as Chaos Drives and Black Market Fruit.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176 ... sting1.png

The fruit aren't shaded yet, but the Chaos Drives are complete and usable.
Oh. Wow. Thanks! Can't wait to see them shaded! I added in a new shop menu system in this update to work with more fruit, too. Do you have any suggestions on how Chao should earn the Chaos Drives?
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

If you leave a garden by going into th emain menu, then reenter the garden, the sounds like the Chao crying and sleeping disappear. I checked my settings and they were still on. It might just be my crappy computer.

Also, the Rock paper Scissors game, what I mean is in the original, you only lose the cards (the triangles you shoot the squares with) only disappear if you miss or hit a stronger card, I.E. if I hit a rock card with a scissor triangle, it disappears. However, in this version, they seems to disappear even if you hit the right cards, such as hitting a rock card with a paper triangle. The little triangle meter in the bottom-right corner counts how many triangles you have left.

Also, you could use the Chaos Drives as rewards for winning mini-games, like winning easy races, or you could implement them to sale like the fruit. Either way could work.

Also, you never answered my question as to if you wanted me to make sprites for you.
coty-crg
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by coty-crg »

If you leave a garden by going into th emain menu, then reenter the garden, the sounds like the Chao crying and sleeping disappear. I checked my settings and they were still on. It might just be my crappy computer.
It could be that, or it may be coincidence. Maybe some sort of hardware compatibility issue?

Also, the Rock paper Scissors game, what I mean is in the original, you only lose the cards (the triangles you shoot the squares with) only disappear if you miss or hit a stronger card, I.E. if I hit a rock card with a scissor triangle, it disappears. However, in this version, they seems to disappear even if you hit the right cards, such as hitting a rock card with a paper triangle. The little triangle meter in the bottom-right corner counts how many triangles you have left.
Uhm. Mine is slightly different than the original, because I tried to improve a bit upon it, without changing it to much. But I think you mean the animation is different? I don't have them stay up, flash a go away, or something. Idk.. I'll take another look at the original to try to understand what you are getting at.

Also, you could use the Chaos Drives as rewards for winning mini-games, like winning easy races, or you could implement them to sale like the fruit. Either way could work.
Hm. Maybe.. Or maybe an entirely different game that lets you get them? Hm..

Also, you never answered my question as to if you wanted me to make sprites for you.
Oh. Sorry, sure. If you wouldn't mind.. It would be nice if you could make some sprites off of this list:
-Coughing (all four direction, or at least facing camera)
-Kicking (right)
-Punching (right)
-Getting hit (right)
-Running(instead of walking)
-Falling over(in all 4 directions)

Now remember.. If you want to make any of these sprites.. You need to do it for all 3 Chao(neutral/hero/dark).
(Or..if you like to edit like crazy, rather than make new ones.. I can upload an entire sheet of what I have, and you could try to make running/swimming/flying/power/etc chao of neutral/hero/dark. It'd be a big job. <3
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

I would highly recommend you use this:

It has all of the TCG V2 sprites.