How is run rank A when there is only like 5 blocks filled in

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
RythenDevil
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

How is run rank A when there is only like 5 blocks filled in

Post by RythenDevil »

I'm making a fly chao and it is 170
and run doesn't even have 1 full bar filled and it's rank A
why is this?
BlackSoul
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Re: How is run rank A when there is only like 5 blocks fille

Post by BlackSoul »

It must have gotten that feature from its parents, maybe. (:
~Because I can~
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Stats have four parts to them:
  • Grade.
  • Level.
  • Points.
  • Progress to next level.
Chao have grades for each of their stats, and those grades determine how many points the stats increase by when they level up. The grades can be inherited from their parents, and also increase when a chao evolves. The grades do not change as stats level up. This is why your chao has an A grade for its Run stat, despite being at a low level.
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

On a related note, can chao inherit stat grades from their grandparents too? I mated two chao with A's in Swimming, and their child wound up with an E. One of that chao's grandparents had an E in Swimming though. Did it get passed down?
Rayne
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Rayne »

I don't think so. It's based on the parents stats.
I wish Lindsay was an Otaku too.

Danmakufu script: Nue Houjuu
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Tayrtahn wrote:On a related note, can chao inherit stat grades from their grandparents too? I mated two chao with A's in Swimming, and their child wound up with an E. One of that chao's grandparents had an E in Swimming though. Did it get passed down?
It could be possible, but you also may have confused what two Chao you mated with each other. This would be interesting to test.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

Crazo3077 wrote:
Tayrtahn wrote:On a related note, can chao inherit stat grades from their grandparents too? I mated two chao with A's in Swimming, and their child wound up with an E. One of that chao's grandparents had an E in Swimming though. Did it get passed down?
It could be possible, but you also may have confused what two Chao you mated with each other. This would be interesting to test.
Heh, I'm actually crazy enough that I've been writing down the stat grades and family trees of my chao. When I get home, I'll post what I've seen so far. Might be interesting.
BlackSoul
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by BlackSoul »

Tayrtahn wrote:Heh, I'm actually crazy enough that I've been writing down the stat grades and family trees of my chao.
I'm doing the same thing! :D
~Because I can~
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Probably. I can tell you that chao carry two fixed DNA grade values for each of their stats, just like they do for other features such as their colour. No matter what grades you've raised a chao to have, it will still carry its two fixed inherited grades for each stat. I haven't done much testing to see how it works with breeding though.